Pages

Thursday 26 January 2012

This year - doing more....

Wanted to have a plan this year to 'do more'.  Just generally in life - at least give myself the impression that I am doing more!

So far, it's not going too badly, although the TV keeps getting in the way.  It's too easy when tired to sit in front of nonsense and realise that the evening has already gone.  I get into bed and my brain starts spinning and is full of lots of things I remember - but couldn't think about whilst watching rubbish on the TV.  Unfortunately getting up and sorting them out then is no good as not getting too much sleep with the little one as it is.

Annoyingly, you have to fit into the kids routine really more than my own normal rhythm.  I remember being single and needing to have a rest of my brain late afternoon/early evening and then getting back into things later in the evening and working through to the wee hours.

Am trying my best - have a notebook to right down lists of things I want to do. I try to be inspired by people that are doing some amazing stuff.  I know Chris Evans is not everyone's cup of tea, but I am constantly amazed by how much one man manages to fit into each day.

Other than a list, I have managed to book a couple of nights out - which is a great achievement as my social life got left by the wayside a long time ago.

We've also been talking about holidays and trying to book a few trips ahead to make sure they actually happen.

What's your plan for this year?  Are you looking to speed up or slow down?